What is UNIVERSAL POS?
Universal POS provides a simple, affordable, and powerful “end-to-end” point of sale (for retail and hospitality) and inventory control system for any size establishment. It is a high-performance system that will help you manage your business and increase your profits.
Designed by actual retailers and developed by a team who understands cash registers, Universal POS offers all the benefits you see in today’s sophisticated POS systems with the added bonus of cash register simplicity at a value that can’t be matched.
Say goodbye to those slow and cumbersome point of sale systems. Whether your using a touch screen monitor or a point of sale keyboard, Universal POS offers Cash Register Simplicity. You can use our POS Screen Designer to create attractive, user-friendly screens for your point of sale system or you can modify one of our many pre-designed screens.
- Park sales
- Age verification system for cigarette and liquor sales
- Search for products by image
- SMARTSCAN to quickly create your products at the point of sale
- Product inquiry mode
- 6 tier or mix n match pricing
- Integrated barcode label printing and designer
- Pizza delivery interface
- Table management for restaurants
- Table inactivity monitor
- Split checks, split items and seat management
- Forced modifiers
- Seat numbers
- Label bar tabs
- Kitchen, bar and prep printing
- Print consolidation
- Course sorting
- Transfer checks between staff
- Move and join tables
- Product countdown
- Item re-order function
- Automatic calculations for licensee, duty free, LCBO, and export pricing
- Wine club tracking
- Customer tracking
- Winery specific reporting
- Tax tracking and reporting for wineries
- Multiple rate automatic bottle deposits
- unlimited domestic currencies
- unlimited foreign currencies offering change in either foreign or domestic funds
- on screen advertising of your products
- customizable point of sale screens
- 7 tax rates including VAT and tax on tax
- Ontario POP tax and Donut tax ready
- paid outs
- bar coded sales receipts
- gift card tracking for local store or multi stores
- re-open closed transactions
- maintain floats
- create your own refund reasons
- print admission tickets for theaters and attractions
- print front desk chits in a hotel environment
- And much more
For those customers that make sales through the back of the house as well as the front; Our integrated Invoicing Module allows for back office sales using a format similar to that offered by most major accounting packages.
- process sales and generate invoices
- receive payments on account by specific invoice
- print aged accounts receivables (current, 30, 60, 90)
- Quickly View Transactions from the Current or Previous Days
- Reopen Transactions from the Current or Previous Days
- Quickly Reprint Any Sales Receipt From Any Day
- Key Data Entry is a means in which you can gather information. Everyone has come into contact with it in some form or another. The simple question, can I get your Postal Code or Zip Code before the cashier starts scanning your purchases. This is a method stores use to determine where their business is coming from. You can create prompts for virtually anything within the system. For a refund, you could create a prompt to ask for a drivers license followed by another prompt asking why the product is being returned. For a product, you could create a prompt asking for a serial number. The possibilities are endless.
Control over your inventory is key in maintaining a healthy bottom line and good cash flow in any business. The Universal POS system monitors your purchases and your sales through our point of sale and our stock ordering processes. Learn what stock levels you should be maintaining for each item and what items are giving you the greatest financial returns.
- purchase orders
- physical inventory adjustments
- quick stock receive
- 3 suppliers for each product
- automatic sale pricing
- mix & match or 6 tier pricing
- re-order minimum & maximums
- integrated label designer to print labels and barcodes
- recipe tracking
- portable data collector ready
A customer is the most valuable commodity any business can have and making them return to your store more often is your bottom line. Our point of sale will track the purchases your customer are making allowing you to monitor the buying habits of your customers. Keep your customers coming back with reward points. We offer reward point systems based on the amount of money customers spend at your store or based on the products they purchased. Either way, your customers will be back to redeem their points on future purchases. Our mini accounts receivable system provides a simple aged accounting system with monthly statements. You can quickly and easily process account charges and payments from the point of sale.
- aged accounts receivables
- detail customer purchase history
- local store or multi store reward point systems
Let Universal POS teach you more about what you are selling. Track what you are selling, when you sold it, what you paid for it and what you sold it for. Learn if you are not making a large enough margin for a product based on the square footage it occupies in your store. Track your sales for commissions to ‘Bus Drivers’ or to ‘Employees’. By utilizing our time and attendance features, your sales and labor costs can be tracked together. Compare your sales this month or this day to the same period last year.
Our time and attendance has integrated a Time Clock and Staff Scheduler right into your point of sale system. This allows for greater control of labor costs, as well as tighter security on who has access to the system. Create reports on Sales versus Labor for specific periods The time clock allows managers to adjust shift start and end times just in case employees forget to clock in or out.
- employee access code expiry forces management and staff to change their employee codes
- POS mail system keeps you and your staff informed
We offer not only a fresh approach in Windows programming, but also truly take advantage of the latest in database technology. The system can operate in a client/server environment using any of Microsoft’s popular operating systems and generic off-the-shelf computers and peripherals. You can use many of the various point of sale keyboards that are offered today or operate in a touch screen environment. The user configured interface screens can be designed to suit your needs using our POS Screen Menu Designer. To sum it up, you can customize this system to meet your needs and the needs of your business today and in the future.